Many people suffer from bad odour emanating from different parts of the body. Body odours are caused by hormonal changes in the body, consumption of unhealthy food, excessive sweating, poor hygiene and genetics. These factors can be many but when your body smells offensive, you may start to lose your self-confidence and even become anti-social. However, many companies across the world have produced deodorants and perfumes to control body odour for few hours, but they do not treat the underlying causes. In many cases, the problem can be solved easily by simply following a healthy diet. What you consume may contribute to your body’s natural ascent. In most cases, there are plenty foods that can help you deodorize and cleanse your system. Many of those are effective in combating bad breath and body odour.
FOODS THAT HELP ELIMINATE BAD BODY ODOUR
Here are the top five foods that help you smell better.
The lively and awakening scent of a lemon plays an important role in making your body smelling great. Lemons are natural antibacterial and disinfectant, they help to eliminate body odour and control bad breath caused by bacteria. Lemons contain acidic property that helps lower the skin’s pH level, which makes it almost impossible for odour-producing bacteria to survive. In addition, the high amount of vitamin C helps to remove harmful toxins present in the body.
Furthermore, lemons are easily absorbed into the body, therefore, improving your body scent.
- Always start your day by drinking a glass of warm lemon water. This will help you clean and refresh your system. This will also help with constipation issues more especially in pregnancy.
- To combat odour emanating from your underarms and feet, gentle rub half a lemon on the affected area and allow the juice to dry completely, and then take your shower. Use these remedy until you notice a change.
Tomatoes are another home remedy that is used to fight body odour. They contain natural antiseptic and antibacterial properties that help to remove odour-causing bacteria in the body.
Tomatoes, being a natural astringent, they also help shrink pores and block the ducts that secrete sweat, thus controlling excessive sweating.
Furthermore drinking tomato juice can help regulate your body temperature, which in turn will reduce sweating.
- Drink half cup of fresh tomato juice daily or include fresh tomatoes in the diet.
- Apply tomato juice on the body parts that sweat a lot and leave the juice to dry for 15 to 20 minutes. Rinse it off in the shower. Repeat the process until you notice a change.
- Green Tea
Antioxidant-rich green tea is a speculate drink that can help prevent bad breath, stinky smelly feet and body odour. Dr David Johnsons says, “Green tea supports detoxification by assisting production of glutathione, a carrier-antioxidant that removes harmful toxins from the body”. The fewer the toxins in your body, the better your body will smell. Johnsons further says, “the polyphenols in green tea also help freshen your breath and destroy the compounds that cause bad breath”.
- Put one to two teaspoons of green tea leaves in a cup.
- Pour hot water over it.
- Cover and leave it to sit for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Strain the tea leaves, add a little raw honey and drink it.
- Drink 3 to 4 cups of green daily. Repeat the process until you see changes.
- Coconut Oil
Coconut oil makes a wonderful natural deodorant. The antimicrobial property of the coconut oil helps keep the growth of odour-causing bacteria in check. Dr Johnsons states that” the intake of coconut oil also supports digestive health, another important element in fighting both body odour and bad breath,”.Coconut oil also supports detoxification.
- Put a tablespoon of organic coconut oil in your mouth.
- Swish the oil around your mouth for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Spit it out, and then brush your teeth as usual.
- Do this daily in the morning, on an empty stomach.
NB: Do not gargle with the oil and do not swallow it.
Sage is another herb that can help your body smell good and nice, due to the presence of aromatic compounds like luteolin, diosmetin and apigenin in it. Their antibacterial effect also prevents bacteria from spreading and multiplying on the skin, thereby eliminating body odour.
Moreover, this herb reduces sweat glands, so that you sweat less. It even aids in washing out harmful toxins from the body. The herb also helps improve your oral health.
- Drink sage tea 1 or 2 times daily.
- To make the tea, Put one teaspoon of dried or fresh sage in a cup
- Pour hot water and leave it for 5 minutes.
- Strain the tea then add some lemon juice and enjoy it
- Alternatively, add 2 tablespoons of dried sage to 4 cups of hot water.
- Allow it to steep for 10 minutes.
- When the solution cools, use it to rinse the body parts that sweat a lot.
- Do it as needed.
Note: This herb is not recommended for pregnant or nursing mothers. Also, avoid sage in large amounts, as it can cause dizziness.
People often never discuss or feel comfortable to talk about it and you may unknowingly offend others with bad odour. If you can’t smell yourself somebody else can. Take measures to combat body odour with personal hygiene as well as right diet. Basic cleanliness is a necessity for every person and negligence of it may also lead to infections and diseases.
ELIMINATE BAD BODY ODOUR, STAY FRESH TO IMPRESS!!!!