- Set a standard for yourself – confront difficult problems and that does not necessarily mean you have to win all the time or be strong all the time. It is a matter of acting without fear and absence of fear gives a better understanding that you will sometimes try over and over so many times until you succeed with a desire to please no one but yourself. It is very easy and exciting to set goals and very difficult stay true to them to the end so set realistic goals and not the ones like January resolutions which are forever planned but gone and forgotten by the 2nd.
- Endurance, no matter the challenges – it is easier to quit and declare yourself a failure but always look at the end result before you do. Ask yourself empowering questions like, is it worth it? Will it change my life to the one I desire? Am I weaker than this problem? Will I be in a better place and space? Challenges are not there to destroy us but to build a stronger character out of us. Most importantly do not give up because of others.
- Be a woman of vision and willpower – a life without a vision is a life of no purpose, it’s like living just to wait for your dying day. We are here by purpose and having a will is like having the eagerness and desire to achieve things. Know your will and purpose and act on it. A vision will enable you to have a plan; a plan can only come up based on something. With no vision, there is nothing to plan on. Plan strategically and specifically. Action always produces results which will take us closer to seeing our dreams coming through.
- Abort the emotions – women are said to be emotional beings and that is our downfall in succeeding as we allow our emotions to crowd our good judgment. Emotions take us to places where our destiny is not there. Do not quit based on emotions, don’t be bitter take time to be calm and start from where you left off not again because starting again is like having sex all the time without climax. The world owes us nothing but we owe it to ourselves to do better and have better.
- Awareness and accountability – accountability for our own actions simply put taking responsibility for our actions or owning up to the consequences no matter how bad they may look. People admire and respect people who own up to the results of their own doings. As a woman know your strength and weaknesses, that is awareness. By being aware you know your capabilities and you can easily take up a challenge that you know you can win not easily but with hard work and dedication. It is of no use taking on something that is easy then it is no longer a challenge and will not bring a change you desire anyway. Being aware means you refuse to listen to what people say about you, you understand where you come from, where you are and where you are going and with your vision and your will behind you then no one can put you down.
- Resilience – being aware does not have to make us stereotypes and focusing only on one thing without trying new things, explore and see yourself doing things you never dreamt you could do. Focus on staying on your lane but do not underestimate the power within you, dare to go bigger and there will be an element of surprise for yourself. That surprise might just be exactly what you were longing for.
- Do not go running for cover – meaning get a chance to be mentored or be teachable. No one knows everything so do not hide when you don’t know. Admit when you do not have an understanding of something so you may ask and be empowered. Acting like you know will only expose you to be a “miss-know-it-all” to the people who are willing to help you and that is a negative impact on your side by denying you growth and a chance to learn from greater minds. No one wants to work with such. That is not only cowardly but like poisoning your own food as well.
- Nullify excuses – fear gives birth to procrastination which ultimately turns to excuses. Work your way to demolishing it. How about having fear of how miserable life will be without reaching those dreams? Instead, come up with excuses for taking a step ahead. Just one step a day brings you closer to your destiny. Saving R1 a day is better than not saving at all, it makes anyone R1 richer every day. We are stronger than that and our precious selves deserve better. Time waits for no woman and now is the right time. Be diligent.
- Maintain discipline – discipline starts with departing from excuses, make a plan and be in agreement with it. Make a plan to follow on a daily basis, write it down and ask yourself a question daily. “What have I done today to get closer to my dream?” Respect your wishes and be committed. Have a faithful relationship with the plan and obey your word.
9 WAYS TO SELF EMPOWERMENT
“WOMAN, KNOW WHO YOU ARE. YOU ARE FEARFULLY MADE AND THE POWER LIES IN YOU”